Learn through doing. Get a STEM Internship!
Check out these internship resources:
SciTechMN helps connect students interested in STEM careers with Minnesota companies that have paid internships.
Students can register to view all available internship opportunity details at scitechmn.org.
STUDENTS – Get paid, hands on work in your field.
The basic website: https://intern.nasa.gov/
Check out NASA’s Intern and Pathways Intern programs.
Intern: NASA Office of STEM Engagement (OSTEM) paid internships allow high school and college-level students to contribute to agency projects under the guidance of a NASA mentor.
- Applicants for this internship must be U.S. Citizens and meet a minimum 3.0 GPA requirement.
- These paid internships are offered across NASA facilities in fall, spring, and summer sessions.
- One application is viewed agencywide.
- OSTEM interns may receive a stipend based on academic level and session length.
- Prior experience is not required.
- Applicants must be a full-time student (high school through graduate-level) or a part-time college-level student enrolled in a minimum of 6 semester hours.
- Opportunities are available at the high school, undergraduate, graduate, and educator levels.
- NASA also sponsors interns at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) in California. To learn more or apply, click here.
Pathways Intern: The Pathways program offers current students and recent graduates paid internships that are direct pipelines to full-time employment at NASA upon graduation. Launch your career with a Pathways internship.
- NASA’s work-study (co-op) program is a starting point to a career at NASA.
- Pathways interns gain valuable work experience and professional development.
- Paid federal civil servant opportunities with benefits are offered across most NASA facilities.
- Completion of the Pathways program may lead to a NASA job offer.
Candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Be at least 16 years of age.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment on at least a half-time basis in an accredited educational institution and maintain enrollment at least half time as defined by the institution.
- Be pursuing a degree or certificate.
- Currently have and maintain a cumulative 2.9 grade point average on a 4.0 scale.
- Be able to complete at least 640 hours of work prior to completing degree/certificate requirements.
- Meet any other requirements described in the announcement, such as specific educational requirements.
National Security Agency Internships
Internships, scholarships and co-op programs are available in multiple STEM career areas including:
- Mathematics: Cryptanalysis, Signal Analysis, Operations Research
- Computer science, engineering and information systems
- Intelligence analysis
Minnesota Academy of Science has a list of STEM Internships and Programs for high school students, some that are specific to Minnesota.
Pathways To Science maintains a STEM internship database.
This includes STREAMS careers – Science, Technology, Robotics, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics