Starbird shared the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program news back in November.
They are giving 200 scholarships at $10,000 per student – renewable each year!
Now the applications are open!
Quick hit eligibility requirements:
Applicants to the Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship Program must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- U.S. Citizens
- Current high school seniors with a cumulative 3.5 or above GPA, or current college freshmen or sophomores with a cumulative 3.0 or above GPA.
- Planning to enroll full-time at an accredited four-year college or university in the U.S.
- Majoring or planning to major in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics, Information Systems/Management Information Systems or Information Assurance.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be willing to consider a paid internship with Lockheed Martin following freshman, sophomore or junior year of college, other circumstances notwithstanding. (Note: The internship is not required to receive a scholarship.)
Provided there are qualified applicants, an effort will be made to give preference to applicants who:
- Are attending or plan to attend a Lockheed Martin partner institution
- Have taken Project Lead the Way (PLTW) classes in high school.
- Have demonstrated leadership capabilities (evidenced by volunteerism, mentoring younger students, STEM-focused extracurricular activities, work experience)
- Have a compelling personal story and/or family circumstances (i.e. military family).
- Awards are for undergraduate study only.
Read all the details and apply here: Lockheed Martin STEM Scholarship
Be the first to get news and events from the Starbird Association